Friday 21 December 2012

INNER IDENTITY


Creating a double image representing multiple identities within your self.


Multiple Identities-representation through Still life


Representation of your true self, your soul, your inner identity by creating a shadow effect.

Here are my final three images for my concepts and themes project- Identity.
I have created a triptych to try and create a clearer representation of Identity vs Inner self.
When I say Inner self, I also mean your true identity, your soul, the thing that most represents you as a person, deep down. Your identity which people see around you is basically your 'roles' in life.  For example an identity of a mother, daughter, colleague, student, partner, these are your multiple identities which has come from the 'social world' and your experiences of life, the 'labels' you posses. Your inner, true self/ identity is your thoughts, desires, dreams in life- this is the 'self' that people won't see if you choose to hide it away- it becomes your shadow.
These are of course my own opinions on these subjects, which I have stemmed from reading various pieces of research.
Please let me know what you think! :)
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment