Friday 21 December 2012

A HOME TO BE LIVED IN



A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME-

A HOME IS TO BE LIVED IN

(Global Cultures- A Domestic family home)



I am currently studying a unit called Global cultures, which is something totally different and soo hard to get to grips with, but we have gone into detail with a few topics, such as globalization, multicultural, ethnography (study of humans), British culture, self exploration and many others, it's a very broad subject!




We have to produce a body of work for a small portfolio to submit and I have to chosen to represent my own culture but making images of still life around my house which show aspects of my home and how we as a family live in it. I will try to include quite quirky and unusual views/perspectives of the objects and try to show that a 'home is to be lived in' and people live and experience different things growing up which causes the individuality in us all.






As you may have noticed, these images are not great quality and this is because I have used a phone camera. I thought about how phone cameras are widely distributed nowadays and it has become part of everyone's culture and has become an easier way for people to produce photography. I am not looking to produced large prints for this project and with these images that won't happen, it is about the content of the images and not about presentation, a photograph is a photography no matter how big or small or great of quality it is.



I'd also like to stress that it's not about how good your equipment is it's how you use it that counts! It's quite hard to get sharp images when your against time, for example shooting these images inside with natural light meant I didn't have a lot of time until there was little light left in the house, therefore creating the grainy images, you don't really have any settings you can change on the camera which makes it more challenging-I am going to try to get sharper images when the light is better.





I'm hoping people will find these interesting, looking at someone else's house in relation to their own or finding similarities.
I have found this unit difficult to understand, and that is why I have thought about my own culture, because it's something I can relate with.
Please tell me what you think, I have only just started shooting and would love some feedback, good or bad I am open to critique as this is what I expect of feedback- Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment