Friday 21 December 2012

COMMON OBJECTS


Common Objects 


IMG_2513


IMG_2514


IMG_2519


IMG_2523


IMG_2539


IMG_2541


Here is a follow up from my post 'Personal Culture'- I have finished my portfolio of final images so I thought I would show you all!
The title of the project is Global Cultures and I have decided to make the work on self representation, focusing on my home and how my family and I live. I have  portrayed this in still life form and tried to show everyday objects and around the house.
All the compositions are exactly how you would see them in the house and haven't been altered in any way.






This was my final submission- A photobook


The next few images have been continued in a similar theme, however I have focused more about our every day lives and routines and objects which we associate with domestically or in our normal environments.


Can we find these objects interesting when they have become the subject in a photograph, or do they still read the same connotations they are normally associated with?












Below is the work of a few photographer's that have influenced me in producing this work, who make work with the idea of 'straight photography' in mind, and focus on the every day and mundane lives of others.

NIGEL SHAFRAN




WOLFGANG TILLMANS






No comments:

Post a Comment